The question of ‘how to set up an AOL account and copy data on a new computer’ has been asked many times by new and old AOL users. While it may be easy for some of you, there are still many people who are not able to carry out this process without supervision or a tutorial. Even if you do not need to do this now, you will still have to do it someday when you replace your old computer with a new one. And when that day comes, you can take this blog as a reference manual to help you with the process. Embedded in this blog are the steps that are essential for carrying out the process of moving your AOL account and the relevant data to a new computer. So if you are eager to learn the steps, you may give this blog a read.
You can set up an existing AOL account on a new computer through a compact disk containing the software. And the steps to accomplish that has been listed below:
- Turn on the new computer and insert the compact disk and wait for it to load.
- The set up will start automatically but just in case it doesn’t, go to ‘my computer’ and double click on the CD drive.
- Click on the ‘.exe file’ and select ‘current member’ on the setup
- Now add your current account and click ‘next’.
- After that, you must choose the folder where you want to set up AOL Desktop Gold.
- Lastly, click on ‘continue’ and wait for it to get installed in the system. After it is done, enter your username and password to start the desktop gold.
After you are done with that you must copy the data like contact and favorites to the new computer as well. So to do that, you must follow the steps below:
- First, log in to your AOL account and go to ‘tools’.
- From the tools menu choose ‘export’ and select the file type to save the contacts.
- Now click on ‘export’ to save the files to the computer.
- Transfer these files to a USB drive and on the new computer, log in to your account and click the ‘import’ option under ‘tools’.
- To copy your favorites, go to your account and select ‘favorites’
- And under this, select ‘manage>save my favorites as a file on the computer.
- Now transfer it to a USB drive and plug it in on the new computer.
- Open ‘manage’ again and click ‘replace my favorites with a favorite files’ option
Also Read: Download AOL Desktop Gold
These are the steps needed to set up an AOL account and copy data on a new computer.